Well, finally we got our snow, didn’t we?! For about 24hrs! Some people love the snow (like me) and some people hate it. But either way it happened and I was thankful that we didn’t have to go anywhere or do anything while it was here. My boyfriend put his feet up and watched footballers run round a snowy pitch, and I decide to go do what any baker does on a snowy day…experiment!
The base of this recipe is my mum’s double chocolate cake, but with a Vixxy P twist! I always have to take things that bit further!
170g Caster Sugar
170g Self Raising flour
6 tbsp Milk
6 tsp Cocoa Powder
3 tbsp crunchy Peanut Butter
Decoration and Filling:
3 tsp Vanilla extract
180g Icing Sugar
50g Butter (room temperature)
5-6 Oreo cookies
1. Pre heat the oven to 170c/325f/Gas Mark 3, line and prepare two sandwich cake tins
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy
3. Beat the eggs in the mix one by one
4. Sift the cocoa powder and flour into the mix and combine
5. Add the peanut butter one tablespoon at a time and then add the milk slowly to the mix and combine completely until you have a thick batter
6. Divide the batter between the tins and place in the oven for 20 mins or so
7. When the cakes are cooked through, set aside and let them cool
8. Whilst they are cooling you can prepare the butter cream. Combine the icing sugar, with the butter until pale and fluffly, add the vanilla extract and mix until fully combined
9. When the cakes have cooled half the buttercream and spread a generous layer on one cake and sandwich with the other cake layer. Spread the remaining butter cream in the centre of the top cake layer and add the oreo cookies for decoration
Enjoy… beware this is a very intense cake! Let me know what you think!